Sunday, November 4, 2012

MNP - Mobile Number Portability ( Vodafone to Airtel)

Friends

I had been a vodafone consumer from a very long time as postpaid consumer and this number which I was using, is a 1 year old number.

Many times I thought of leaving it and buying a new one but since all the existing friends family and other people do have this cellphone or mobile no. don't want to change the number.

Thanks to Indian govt. for passing MNP or Mobile Number Portability facility with which I have shifted from Vodafone to Airtel very easily.

The process is easy and I have followed or execute below steps


  1. First I have sent SMS from my vodafone number  : PORT to 1900 from Airtel outlet itself
  2. After sending SMS to 1900, I have received a number which they airtel called as UPC (Unique Porting Code) within few minutes
  3. then they(airtel) has provided a form for moving of shifting from vodafone postpaid to airtel postpaid.
  4. I have also provided all the Address & Id proof documents, self-attested photograph and last bill copy of postpaid connection along-with filled MNP form and Customer Agreement Form basically to complete all the formalities etc.
  5. Then I have Rs 25/- to Buy the Airtel SIM card from Airtel outlet itself and change or replace it with my vodafone existing sim as told by them
  6. Finally within a week my no is ported from Vodafone postpaid connection to Airtel connection




I hope you guys will like it especially all the people who would like to explore this option of converting their number from one provided to another with MNP its easy and you don't have to change the existing number.

I am just sharing my personal experience of switching no. from Vodafone to Airtel postpaid and I am not affiliated to both of them anyway except being a consumer.

Incase if you are interested in learning Microsoft Project 2013 or mpp, then please refer below blogs/articles or tutorials


http://saxenablogs.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-to-create-project-in-ms-project.html
http://saxenablogs.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-to-change-start-date-for-ms-project.html
http://saxenablogs.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-to-assign-resources-in-project-in.html
http://saxenablogs.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-ot-assign-cost-resources-in-project.html
http://saxenablogs.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-to-change-start-date-for-ms-project.html
http://saxenablogs.blogspot.com/2015/04/learnhow-to-assign-material-resources.html
http://saxenablogs.blogspot.com/2015/04/learnhow-to-create-new-project-in-mpp.html


16 comments:

  1. Vodafone Number Portability (MNP) is a facility which allows you to move to vodaphone while retaining your existing operator’s mobile number. MNP is applicable for porting between mobile operators only, in the same telecom Circle. Also, by regulation, customer can port-into another operator only if he/she has been with that operator for at least 90 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the post.

    Videocon offers one of the best prepaid postpaid service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. voodafon sarvich is very bedddddddddddddddddddddddddddd im not happy for im 10Year costumar for voodafon pereped is ok but postped is no goood petrtic sarvich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vodafone is very unethical, I want to port to Airtel and went to Vodafone 3 times to check and ask for balances but they made excuses that the invoice is not generated, second time they asked me to come two days later, I paid 2000 advance to them and my bill came to 1300 so 700 was in fact additional with them. When I ported they rejected saying I have an outstanding .. what a sham.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VODAFONA - is the biggest cheat , beware of its billing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VODAFONA - is the biggest cheat , beware of its billing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vodafone is a cheater when it comes to postpaid billing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Does the Data carry forward?
    If I switch from vodafone to airtel?

    ReplyDelete
  9. its very nice article. thanks for sharing such great article hope keep sharing such kind of article Mobile Number Generator

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your writing style, great information, thank you for posting.

    LG Smart Handset Deals

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome article…..truly appreciated thanks keep sharing real phone number generator

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I am so glad I found your site – so much good info to look through!
    Are you looking for a company to Port landline number? Don’t worry Community phone offer best services to a transfer landline number to a cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog.It can generates mobile numbers in SEQUENCE or RANDOMLY. This tool is a very fast mobile number generator and very easy to use Mobile number generator

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. And I hope you keep sharing . It is the best tool Outlook phone number finder

    ReplyDelete