Saturday, August 7, 2010

How to Configure Yahoo Mail on Windows Mail


Hello Everyone and Welcome back

I have recently bought a laptop which has Windows Vista operating system and that comes with a default windows mail.

I just did some testing and configured my yahoo mailbox on Windows mail which is very advantageous for me.

BIGGEST ADVANTAGE
Now I can save or have backup of my entire yahoo mailbox on my local hard drive.

Please follow the below steps and it will help you to configure the same.

Step1 : Goto Start Button and choose Windows Mail .Goto Menu choose Tools and Accounts create a new one for you and below screen appears.
Initial Setup screen
Step 2 : Press next and provide your name on the below screen.
Provide First Name/Last Name for yourself
Step 3 : Press Next button and the below screen.

Provide Yahoo mail server details as shown

Remember this is most important screen and take care in filling the details

Also choose the Outgoing Server Requires Authentication check box.

Step 4 : Press next and now provide your E- MAIL address of Yahoo and password.Can choose remember your password option here.

Provide E- Mail with Password here to setup your account 
Step 5: Press next and done.
Confirmation Screen


Thats solved yes above 5 steps makes your life easier and you can access all yahoo mails on your local or Personal Laptop or home computer.

This is great advantage and benefit for me and hope you guys like too.

Note : This is my personal Experience and self exploration not a recommendation from any third party so decide your self.

No comments:

Post a Comment